If you have acquired an Applied Science Associate (AAS) or General Studies Associate (AGS) or do not have an associate degree, you must meet the general transfer requirements. Only transfer credits applicable to a requirement (including the required optional subjects) are applied to a diploma or certificate. The WNC may accept transfer credits as follows: students considering transferring to an out-of-state institution should contact the non-governmental university or university accreditation body to inquire about their transfer process. Most higher education institutions and universities also have detailed websites that list educational needs. The Transfer Admissions Program (TAP) is available at Western Nevada College. The program allows students to stay in touch with the University of Nevada, Reno, by receiving monthly warnings about application deadlines, financial assistance, transfer sessions and more. The University of Nevada, Reno visits the WNC at least once a month to go to the application process and university boards. Please note the calendar below. Non-traditional credits, including but not limited to AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP and Dantes, may be applied to your conclusion, although non-stretch credits are not charged on the transferable amount for accreditation.

A maximum of 60 non-traditional credits can be used for a degree at UNLV. Our transfer authorization specialists are here to help new transfer students move from community universities and other four-year institutions. Do you need first-hand help? Talk to a transfer authorization professional today. If you do not meet the requirements, but have a transferable associate degree from a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institution, you can get admission to university. Students can request a review of transfer credits by the NSHE Articulation Coordinating Committee if they are not satisfied with WNC`s final decision by filing an application for the Nevada Higher Education Transfer Appropriations Assessment. When a student does not agree with a transfer credit assessment, the student is asked to obtain and submit additional written information about the courses involved, such as a decider or program and/or a course description, if it was not originally available. When a student challenges an assessment from a non-traditional source, the student is invited to receive additional written information about the training, including the number of hours of training, information on the source of training, accreditation, etc.